June 21, 2017
Students, Parents and Guardians:
On behalf of the faculty and staff at the Donald E. Woods Opportunity Center, I welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! My prayer is that you had the opportunity to rest, recharge and relax. We are looking forward to a healthy and productive home-school partnership that will aid in our efforts to assist your child in their academic and social growth, while increasing their student achievement. I believe education begins at home and as partners, we share the responsibility for your student’s success.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily, arrives on time and is ready for the day’s learning experience
- Come to school in uniform daily
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and become a successful member of society
- Help us celebrate the success of the Donald E. Woods Opportunity Center
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Respects themselves and others in all educational and social interactions
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
We look forward to a great year that is productive and successful for all of our school stakeholders. If we can assist you in any way, please feel free to contact our office at 863.421.3325. Thanks for your continued support of the Donald E. Woods Opportunity Center where we are “Lighting the Way”.
The Donald E. Woods Opportunity Center