Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission: To provide a high quality education for all students.
Our Vision: Every student will be prepared for success in college or career after graduation.
Our Staff: DWOC is fully staffed with a principal, an assistant principal, two deans, a guidance counselor, a school psychologist, a social worker, and a mental health counselor. We also have, fifteen teachers, a network manager, two secretaries, four paraprofessionals, and two custodians. Our teachers are among the highest qualified in the Polk County Public Schools district, and they meet the following standards:
- Model professionalism.
- Design curriculum and instruction that results in active student engagement.
- Focus on student performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues.
- Consider themselves lifelong learners and consumers of educational research.
- Accept responsibility for creating conditions that enable and promote student success.
- Function as leaders; those who believe in their ability to make a difference in the lives of students and the effectiveness of the school.